2s .v. Derby 1s

Derby won the toss and sent Warwick out to field. With a dark sky overhead and the wind picking up, it looked like a
ood toss to win.

Stilo and Fussey opened the bowling with the clouds rolling in. After a few warm up balls, some tight lines led to Fussey picking up the wicket of Whitehead in the 4th over as Jonny took a dolly in the covers.
A few overs later, the hail came, covers rushed on and we huddled in the clubhouse whilst the white balls began to cover the outfield. After the hail passed we returned to the field and Stilo immediately got one to jag back in to pin their other opener straight in front. With two new batsmen at the crease, Fussey and Stilo increased the pressure. A loose shot and some spectacular fielding from Mr Lewis rewarded Stilo with his second wicket of the day. Derby looked in trouble with the score 34 for 3 off 13.

Welton and Price ticked the score along for Derby and moved the score along to 76 until Kingy got one to spin and Welton was out caught as Brownsey snaffled one behind.

This brought Hackett to the crease, as Jonny pinned down one end with superb figures going for only 15 runs off 8 overs. Hacket tried to take matters into his own hands but was swiftly dealt with by Kingy as he was caught by Fussey for 0.

Some sensible batting from Price and Suddell, helped by a few drop catches, left Derby on 172 for 6. Price was caught on the boundary by Willey off the last ball of the innings which gave Fussey his second wicket of the day.

After a quick tea, Brownsey and Taylor were set to open up for Warwick. Taylor took on Derby’s opening bowlers and dispatched them to all corners of the field. He was triggered LBW as he charged down the wicket for 21 and Stepho made his way to the wicket. However, after leaving a ball which jagged back he was also given LBW without troubling the scorers. A keen Guj made his way to the crease and was eager to make up for his drop. He tried to send the ball into space but he was cleaned bowled giving Haynes his third wicket of the day.

The rain came again and we had another break as Brownsey and Lewis returned the crease. A change of bowling saw
Brownsey cleaned up around his legs and the score was a measly 34-4 off 10. Lewis looked good and the score began to increase, Taha came and went as the score reaches 50. Jonny and Lewis put on 50 before Lewis is caught for 31 at square leg. Another tumble of wickets including a goldy for Fussey, as a well-placed Yorker took him out, sees us collapsing to 102 for 8. Our only chance for victory lay in the light and staying above the run-rate. Jonny battled valiantly, scoring quickly to keep us in the game.

Stilo was then caught giving White his 4th¬¬¬¬¬. We were then 114 for 9, A mix up leaves Willey in trouble and he is run out. Meaning we are bowled out for 121.